Unsweetened Khoa – 200 gms
Paneer – 200 gms (grated)
All purpose flour/Maida – 4 Tbsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 800 gms
Water – 500 ml
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Rose Water – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
1. Take a bowl, add unsweetened kova, grated paneer, all purpose flour ( maida), baking powder, mix it all together and knead it well.
2. Make even sized small balls from the mixture.
3. Cover it with a muslin cloth, let it sit for few minutes.
For Sugar syrup:
1. Take a wide pan, add sugar and water. Start boiling it.
2. Once the sugar dissolved completely, let it boil for some more time and remove the scum from the sugar syrup.
3. Stop boiling the syrup once you get the one string consistency.
4. Add cardamom powder and rose water.
5. Take a pan heat oil and deep fry the gulab jamun balls in a medium flame.
6. Let the gulab jamuns come to room temperature.
7. Start pouring sugar syrup on gulab jamuns.
8. Let it soak for 3 to 4 hours.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.