Coconut oil/oil – 2 Tbsp
Onion – 3 nos thinly sliced
Green chili – 2 nos slit
Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
Chili powder – 3 Tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tsp
Chicken leg – 5 nos
Salt to taste
Few Curry leaves (optional)
Garam masala powder – 1 1/2 Tsp
Few chopped Coriander leaves
1. Heat coconut oil/oil in a wide pan.
2. Add onions, green chili and saute onion till it turns a golden color.
3. Then add turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste and saute well.
4. Now add chicken leg/boneless chicken, salt and mix well.
5. Close the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add enough water to cook the chicken and curry leaves (optional).
7. Close the pan and cook for 15 minutes, (stir at intervals).
8. Once the chicken legs are 3/4th cooked add garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
9. Close the pan and cook till chicken legs are completely cooked.
10. Students special chicken masala is ready, serve with rice or chapati.
South Indian Style – Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
Chicken – 1 kg
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chili powder – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Shallots – 15 nos chopped
Onion – 1 no chopped
Green chili – 1 no
Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Tomatoes – 3 nos
Few Curry Leaves
Coconut Milk – 750 ml
Few Coriander leaves
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Let it sit 30 minutes.
2. In a pressure cooker add little water & the marinated chicken pieces. Pressure cook for 2 whistles
3. In a kadai heat oil. Add garam masala powder, shallots, onion and green chili. Saute till brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes & salt. Mix well
5. Add the cooked chicken pieces with water. Add few curry leaves. Close & cook for 5 minutes
6. Now add coconut milk & mix. Once it starts to boil, close & cook for 10 minutes
7. Finally add curry leaves & coriander leaves. Turn off the stove.
Serve with Rice, Dosas, Chapati, Idiappam, Appam etc
Chicken Kathi Roll (Chicken Frankie) Recipe
Boneless Chicken – 250 gms
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Curd/Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Few chopped Mint leaves
Few chopped Coriander leaves
Ingredients For the filling:
Oil – 1 tbsp
Few sliced Onions
Few sliced Capsicum
Tomato – 1 no. sliced
Ingredients For the roll:
Egg – 1 no.
Oil – 1 tsp
1. To the chicken pieces, add lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, mint & coriander leaves and mix well. Let it marinate for 1 hour
2. Pressure cook the marinated chicken with water
3. Saute onions, capsicums & tomatoes in little oil
4. Add the cooked chicken with water and cook till the water evaporates
5. In a bowl, beat an agg with pinch of salt & pepper
6. Pour on pan like an omelette and place the chapati when its half done
7. Flip till you get the desired consistency and transfer to a plate
8. Now add the chicken filling in a row at the center
9. Add mint chutney and roll and wrap with a foil.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.