– 3 egg whites, room temperature
– Juice for 1/2 lemon
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 Tbsp. acai syrup
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 cup water
– 1/2 cup Acai puree
1. In a saucepan, boil 1/2 cup sugar, water, and ace puree.
2. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until mixture thickens into a syrup.
3. Let cool before using.
1. Preheat oven to 225˚F / 105˚C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they are foamy.
3. Add salt and lemon juice. Continue whisking.
4. Slowly add sugar while whisking and beat until glossy, stiff peaks form.
5. Spoon meringue mixture on the parchment sheet and smooth the top of the meringue with the back of the spoon.
6. Drizzle about 1/4 teaspoon of acai syrup on the meringue and swirl with a toothpick. Repeat for each cookie.
7. Bake for 90 minutes, until the outside shell becomes stiff and the meringue has gone from shiny to matte. The cookie should easily lift off the parchment. Enjoy! All Tasty music provided by Audio Network and Warner Chappell Inc. Used with permission
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.