Andhra Style Ridge Gourd Curry (Beerakaya Koora) – Recipe
Ingredients: Oil – 1 Tbsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onions – 2 nos (chopped)
Few Curry leaves
Few Green chilis
Ridge Gourd – 2 nos (skinned & chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Cooked chana dal – 1/4 cup
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
1. Heat oil. Saute urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onions, curry leaves and green chilis
2. When onion turns transparent, add the ridge gourd, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt & chili powder
3. Close and cook for 10 minutes
4. Now add the cooked chanadal and mix well.
5. Close and cook again for another 10 minutes
6. Finally add the coriander powder. Mix well and turn off.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.