Raw Rice – 1 cup
Beaten/Flattened Rice – 1/2 cup
Fresh grated coconut – 1/2 shell
Pinch of Baking / Cooking soda (optional)
1. Soak 1 cup of Raw Rice (Buy https://goo.gl/XIDAkF ) for 4 hours.
2. Soak 1/2 cup of Beaten/Flattened Rice for 30 minutes.
3. Grind the fresh grated Coconut to a paste by adding little water. Keep the Coconut paste aside.
4. To mixer jar (Buy https://goo.gl/BPiR5y ) add soaked Raw Rice, soaked Beaten/Flattened Rice, Salt & Water. Grind to smooth flowing batter.
5. The batter has to Ferment for 12 hours in room temperature.
6. To the Fermented batter add 2 tsp of ground Coconut paste. You can add pinch of Baking / Cooking soda (optional).
7. Mix gently & leave for 10 minutes.
8. Pour the batter to Appam tawa & Swirl around so it stick to sides. Close (Buy https://goo.gl/HVptwr) & cook it.
9. When the edges are crispy. The center part is bulged & cooked through. Remove it appam cooks only on one side.
10. Best had with coconut milk, chicken curry, mutton curry, Veg – korma etc…
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.