One of the winning recipes from the Doctor’s Recipe Contest.
Dr. Kanchan Khera’s recipe – Apple Pie Cake
APPLE PIE CAKE
4 medium apples, finely chopped and soaked in lemon water
250 grams refined flour + for dusting
200 grams butter + for greasing
250 grams castor sugar
¼ tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 gram yeast
A pinch of salt
Juice of ½ lemon
½ tablespoon cinnamon powder
1. Heat 50 grams butter in a non-stick pan. Add apples and mix.
2. Add 50 grams castor sugar, mix and cook for 10-15 minutes or till the apples are stewed.
3. Take flour in a bowl. Add baking soda, baking powder, yeast, remaining castor sugar, salt and mix. Add water, gradually, and knead into a soft dough alongwith remaining butter. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside to prove.
4. Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease a 5 inch cake tin with some butter and dust with some flour.
5. Add lemon juice and cinnamon powder to the apples, mix well and transfer in a bowl. Cool to room temperature.
6. Dust the worktop with some flour, place the dough on it and knock back. Flatten and divide into 2 equal portions.
7. Roll out one portion into a 5 inch disc dusting with flour, loosen the edges. Spread the disc in the cake tin and line the edges. Set aside to prove for 10 minutes. Similarly, roll out the remaining portion.
8. Transfer the stewed apples in the cake tin over the dough and spread. Cover with the remaining disc and set aside to prove for 15 minutes.
9. Place the tin on a baking tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
10. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tweets by SanjeevKapoor
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.