Toor Dal – 1/4 Cup
Chana Dal – 1/2 Cup
Red Chili – 5 Nos
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
Rock Salt – 1/2 Tsp
Onion – 1 No. Chopped
Green Chili – 2 Nos Chopped
Chopped Ginger – 1 Tsp
Beetroot – 1 No. Grated
Oil for Frying
#BeetrootVadai #Beetroot #Vadai #teatimesnacks #snacks #homecooking
1. Wash the toor dal and the chana dal and soak them for about 2 hours
2. To make the vada batter, in a mixer jar, add red chilies, soaked dals, fennel seeds, rock salt
3. Grind it to a coarse mixture without adding any water
4. To the coarsely ground mixture add finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chilies, finely chopped ginger, curry leaves, and grated beetroot
5. Mix everything together and make round patties
6. Heat some oil for deep frying and slowly drop the vadas into the hot oil
7. Deep fry them till they turn golden brown on both sides
8. Serve the beetroot vadas hot
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.