Learn how to make Chicken Popcorn and enjoy these appetizing chicken bites at home.
Chef Shantanu Gupte brings you an extremely simple and delicious recipe of Chicken Popcorn. This crispy, crunchy bite-sized chicken balls are very popular and one of the most craved appetizers of all non-veg lovers. These crispy balls can be made easily at home and relished with any sauce or dip of your choice.
1 onion finely chopped
250gms chicken minced
1 tsp barbecue sauce
1/2 tsp mustard paste
few sprigs of thyme
2 tsp chopped garlic
salt & pepper for seasoning
All purpose flour to coat
crushed regular corn flakes to coat
1 tsp. chilli sauce
3 tsp. brown bread crumbs
2 eggs for coating
1 litre oil for frying
To make chicken mixture:
– In a bowl, add the finely chopped onion, minced chicken, finely chopped garlic, thyme, chilli sauce, smoky barbecue sauce, salt and pepper and the mustard paste and mix all these ingredients well.
– Add an egg and half of it’s yolk to the above ingredients and the bread crumbs and mix well to thicken the mixture.
– Take small quantities of the chicken mixture and roll into small quenelles / balls.
For coating the chicken balls:
– Crush the regular cornflakes to coat the chicken balls.
– In a bowl, add the eggs, beat them slightly and add pepper and salt to season it.
– In another plate, add the all purpose flour and season it with salt and pepper.
– First coat the chicken balls in the all purpose flour, then coat them with the beaten eggs and finally in the crushed cornflakes.
– Then lightly shape the chicken balls and add them to the hot oil. Make sure that the oil is not too hot but at a medium temperature.
– Fry the chicken balls until they are crispy and golden brown in colour.
– When the chicken balls are cooked, take them out on an absorbent paper to get rid of the excess oil.
– Let the chicken balls cool down slightly and then transfer them into a popping basket.
– Serve them hot with some mayonnaise sauce or any other sauce/dip of your choice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.