Hay fever is an allergic reaction. It is also known as rhinitis. If you notice that the allergy appears during a particular season every year, you might be allergic to pollen. However, if you experience the symptoms often through the year, then you might be allergic to molds, pet dander or dust mites.
Symptoms to look for:
• Itchy, runny and congested nose, watery eyes and sneezing
Food groups to consume:
1. Ginger, garlic, and onion: They help to reduce nasal
2. Hot drinks: Relieves hay fever
Foods to consume: Green tea, ginger tea, lemongrass tea or soups
3. Omega 3: It reduces nasal inflammation and improves
Foods to consume: Soybean, walnuts, and fish such as salmon, tuna, trout and sardines
4. Antioxidants: Fights against free radicals
Foods to consume: Bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, green leafy veggies and fruits like papaya, melons, apricots, mangoes, kiwis, Indian gooseberries(amla), grapes, guavas, and oranges
5. Yogurt: It strengthens immune system
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a vessel
2. Add 5-10 lemongrass leaves to it
3. Boil for 10 minutes till you can smell the distinct lemon grass
4. Now strain this water in another vessel. You may discard the
5. Chop ½ a carrot and put it in the water
6. Also add 3 chopped broccoli florets
7. Dice ½ a red bell pepper and add it
8. Boil this mixture till the vegetables are tender
9. Once done, add 1 tsp soy sauce
10. Also add some salt and pepper to taste
11. Garnish this soup with some basil leaves
12. Serve hot
• Avoid dairy products, meat or any excessively salty,
processed or junk foods
• Avoid coffee & alcohol
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.