60 RECIPES E-BOOK NOW AVAILABLE – http://www.thecheaplazyvegan.com/ebook
Boy, do I have a treat for you?!? Have you ever had vegan mac & cheese? Us vegans are pretty much obsessed with veganizing everything, ESPECIALLY mac and cheese. I don’t think I’ve had so much mac & cheese until I went vegan… hah! I think this one is definitely the best one I’ve ever made – and it doesn’t require any “fake cheese”. Just some cashews, a few spices, some garlic and VOILA! It’s so creamy and delicious, you can feed it to your non-vegan friends and family and they probably won’t know the difference. PLEASE, I beg you to try this recipe because your tastebuds deserve it.
VEGAN MAC & CHEESE RECIPE
500g macaroni (or whatever pasta you prefer)
Vegetables of your choice (we used mushrooms)
optional: ground pepper, paprika
1.5 cups raw cashews
1/2 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk or water)
1/4 cup water (or more if needed)
3 cloves garlic (minced/chopped)
1-2 tsp sea salt or regular salt
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 – 1 tbsp english mustard or any other mustard
Juice of 1 whole lemon
1 tsp ground cayenne
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp garlic powder (we like garlic)
– Soak the cashews overnight OR you can put the cashews in a pot with water, bring it to a boil and then let it boil for about 15 minutes on medium to low heat or until they become soft enough to blend.
– Cook the pasta
– While the pasta is cooking, chop up and cook mushrooms and/or whatever vegetables of your choice
– Sautee garlic (minced/chopped) on frying pan with water or oil
– Once the cashews are finished, put them in a blender and blend them a bit so they are in smaller pieces
– Add the rest of the sauce ingredients into the blender and blend until soft. Add more water to help blend if necessary.
– Pour the sauce on top of the cooked pasta, add the mushrooms/vegetables and mix together. Add a pinch of paprika and a bit of ground black pepper on top and enjoy!!!
Follow me on YOUNOW to hang out with me and watch my live broadcasts – https://www.younow.com/CheapLazyVegan
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.