Here is what you’ll need!
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
3 cups milk
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 lb. package hot ground pork sausage
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 onions, diced
Green pepper, diced
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
7 large eggs, beaten
5 8-inch flour tortillas
1 jalapeño, diced
Cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
2. Whisking constantly, add milk stir until thickened
3. Add shredded cheddar and shredded jalepeño
4. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink.
5. Drain well, pressing between paper towels.
6. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add green onions and cilantro. Sauté 1 minute.
7. Add eggs, salt, and pepper, and scramble until eggs are cooked but still moist
8. Remove from heat, add 1 1/2 cups Cheese Sauce and sausage.
9. Spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture down the center of each flour tortilla; roll up. Place, seam side down, in a lightly greased medium baking dish. Pour remaining Cheese Sauce evenly over tortillas.
10. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.