Here is what you’ll need!
One-Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
2 heads broccoli, chopped
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
½ onion diced
2 cups half-and-half
2 cups veggie or chicken stock
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup of carrots, shredded
2 cups (8 ounces) cheddar cheese
1. Trim stems off of broccoli heads and chop into small florets.
2. In a large pot, combine butter and onion and sauté until translucent.
3. Add flour and stir on medium heat until mixture lightly browns.
4. Stir in the half-and-half and mix until contents reach a simmer.
5. Add the veggie or chicken stock and simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
6. Mix in the broccoli, carrots, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
7. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted and combines with other ingredients.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.