Here is what you’ll need!
Carne Asada Fries
Oven-Baked French Fries
2 russet potatoes
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ pound flank steak
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
½ cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
2. Rinse off your potatoes and give them a light scrub to remove any excess dirt. Dry with towel then cut into fries.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and paprika until each fry is fully coated in all of the spices.
4. Place fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 450°F/230°C for 30-35 minutes or until the fries are crispy and golden brown.
5. Marinate flank steak with salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and orange juice for 20 minutes.
6. Heat up a cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
7. Place steak in the hot cast-iron skillet and cook for 3 minutes on both sides for a medium cooked steak. Take steak off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before dicing.
8. In an ovenproof skillet, place baked french fries, pepper jack cheese, and diced carne asada, then broil until the cheese is melted.
9. Top with sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and cotija cheese.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.