Preparation Time: 3 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 3 persons
All purpose flour/Maida – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 tsp
Egg – 1 no.
1. In a wide bowl add all purpose flour/maida, salt, sugar, egg, oil and mix well.
2. Gradually add water and mix it.
3. Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
4. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes rub the dough with little oil and knead it for another 10 minutes.
6. Apply little oil to the dough and let sit for 1 hour.
7. After an hour make even size dough balls.
8. Apply little oil to each dough balls and let it sit for another 1 hour.
9. Now start rolling out the parottas. Grease little oil to the stones.
10.Gently press the dough with hands and stretch it very thin. Fold it on all sides.
11. Toast the ceylon parotta on all sides by adding little oil.
12. Serve it with chicken curry or vegetable kurma.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.