Chicken Biryani Recipe
Ingredients: Basmati Rice – 1 kg
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
(Cinnamom, Cloves, Cardamom & Bay leaf)
Onion – 5 nos thinly sliced
Tomato – 4 nos chopped
Biryani Masala paste – 4 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Mint leaves – 1 bunch
Coconut Milk – 1 liter
Salt to taste
To Marinate Chicken
Chicken – 1 1/2 kg
Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Home-made Biryani Masala
Red Chilli – 8 nos
Coriander powder – 3 tsp
A piece of Ginger
Garlic – 15 cloves
Shallots – 10 nos
Green chilli – 3 nos
Coriander leaves – 1 cup
Mint leaves – 1 cup
Water – 4 to 6 tsp
Note: The above measurements are for 1Kg of rice
1. First Blend Red Chilli & Coriander powder.
2. Then add Ginger, Garlic, Shallots, Green chilli & blend it.
3. Now add 1 cup of Coriander leaves & blend it.
(add a tea spoon of water if needed)
4. Add 1 cup of Mint leaves & blend it.
5. Finally add 4 to 6 tsp of Water & blend it to a paste consistency.
Suggestion: Avoid refrigeration. Try make the masala paste fresh. Fresh masala will give a nice aroma and taste to your biryani.
1. Marinate the chicken by rubbing Turmeric powder, Chilli powder & Salt.
2. Let it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Soaking The Rice:
1. Soak the Basmati Rice in water for 30 minutes & strain the water.
2. Let it aside for another 30 minutes.
This is the Pressure cooker Chicken Biryani recipe.
1. Heat 3 large tbsp of Ghee & 2 tbsp of Oil.
2. Add the whole spices. (Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom & Bay leaf)
3. Add the sliced Onions & saute till it becomes brown.
4. Add the finely chopped Tomatoes.
5. Add the Biryani Masala paste & mix well.
6. Now add the marinated Chicken pieces
7. Add Coriander leaves & Mint leaves.
8. Add Salt to taste
9. Now add 1 litre diluted Coconut milk & mix.
Note: Check for seasoning, add more salt if needed.
10. Pressure cook it for 5 whistles.
11. Wait till the pressure is gone
12. Final step add the soaked Basmati rice to the chicken gravy & mix it gently.
13. Close the lid & put the flame to medium-low.
14. Wait till you see steam on the nozzle & then add the weight.
15. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.