Chicken and Cheese Casserole – Baked Chicken Recipe. Learn how to make Chicken Casserole, a delicious chicken meal recipe by chef Shantanu.
Chef Shantanu Gupte brings to your table a heart-warming dinner full of delectable flavours. He is up with an absolutely mouth-watering chicken casserole recipe which your family will ask for again and again.
100 grams shredded boneless chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic
leaves of thyme & rosemary
1 cup spinach leaves
salt & pepper to taste
red chilli – chopped
1/4 cup cream
tomato – chopped
pinch of nutmeg
70-80 grams cheese
basil leaves – chopped
cheese for garnish
To make the sauce:
– In a pan, add the butter and let it melt.
– Once the butter melts, add the all purpose flour and whisk well.
– Then add the milk to the flour and butter mixture and let it boil.
– Once the milk starts to boil, it begins to reduce. Whisk well while it reduces to avoid the flour sticking to the bottom of the pan.
To make the chicken:
– While the pan is heating up, slice up the mushrooms.
– Once the pan is hot, pour in the olive oil and add the butter.
– Then add the chopped garlic and onion and give it a quick stir.
– Add the sprigs of thyme and stir well.
– Add the medium sized boneless chicken pieces and give it a nice toss.
– Once the chicken is almost cooked, add the mushroom slices to the pan and give it a toss.
– Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
– Once the mushroom and chicken are cooked, add the roughly chopped spinach leaves to it.
– Once they are cooked, add the chopped tomato to it. Make sure that you peel off the skin of the tomato.
– Add the sauce to the chicken and whisk it through.
– Once cooked, put off the flame and add the cracked pepper, little mustard sauce, 1 chopped red chilli, cream and 1 egg. Also add the grated nutmeg to it and mix all the ingredients well.
– Add the grated cheese to the above ingredients and mix well.
– Transfer the casserole to the baking tray and add the chopped basil leaves, chopped tomato and the grated cheese.
– Place this in a pre-heated oven (170 – 180 degrees Celsius) for about 7-8 minutes.
– The delicious chicken casserole is ready to be served.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.