We all would have tried chicken curry recipes in a kadai, but cooking in a handi (Claypot) elevated the taste and flavor of the dish. Here I have curated a Chicken Curry Recipe in a clay pot. Do try the recipe and let me know how it turned out.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4 persons
Chicken – 300 gms
Curd – 1 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
Pepper – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Onion – 1 No(Sliced)
Ghee – 2 tsp
Tomato Pure – 1 cup
Green Chili – 2 nos
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Cashew Paste – 1/2 cup
Juice of a lemon
1. To marinate the chicken, take the chicken in a bowl and add curd, juice of a lemon, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt.
2. Mix everything together and let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat a clay pot with some oil and ghee, add whole spices and onions and saute the onions till they are brown.
4. Add green chilis, ginger garlic paste and coriander leaves and cook them well.
5. Add tomato puree and the marinated chicken.
6. Add enough and season the curry with salt and cook the chicken.
7. After about 20 minutes, add cashew paste and mix well.
8. Finally, add kasuri methi and serve your Chicken Handi hot with roti or steamed rice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.