Learn how to make Chicken Kadai at home with Neelam only on Get Curried
Chicken Kadai or Karai is a Pakistani and North Indian dish noted for its spicy taste. This spicy & yummy North Indian recipe tastes juicy with distinct flavour of bell pepper and spices. So watch and learn how to make Chicken Kadai at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
– 5 red chillies
– 1 piece of cinnamon
– 1 tsp of cumin seeds
– 1 tsp of coriander seeds
Ginger Garlic Paste
– an inch and half of ginger
– 8-9 cloves of garlic
– 250g boneless chicken
– 1 tsp of turmeric
– 1/2 tsp of salt
– juice of half a lemon
– 1 tbsp of ghee
– 2 bay leaves
– 8-9 green cardamom
– 6-7 cloves
– 2 sliced onions
– couple of tomatoes
– 2 green chilli
– 1 chopped green pepper
– less than 1/2 a tsp garam masala
– few coriander leaves
– In a pan add dry red chillies, cinnamon, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and roast them.
– Grind together the roasted spices.
– Add half of the masala into a bowl of clean boneless chicken.
– Make ginger and garlic paste by grinding together ginger, garlic and water.
– Add half the paste into the chicken.
– Add turmeric, salt, lemon juice and marinate the chicken properly.
– Refrigerate it for half an hour.
– In a pan add ghee and cook on low flame.
– Add bay leaves, green cardamom, cloves and let the spices tamper.
– Add chopped onion and once they become translucent
– Add ginger garlic paste and mix it well
– Add green chillies and stir it properly.
– Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on high flame.
– Add the masala and salt and give it a proper stir.
– Add the marinated chicken into the pan and cook on high flame.
– Cover it with the lid and let it cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
– Add green pepper and cover the lid and cook it for more five minutes.
– Add coriander leaves and stir properly.
– Add a pinch of garam masala.
– Kadai Chicken is ready to be served.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.