Learn how to make Chicken Keema, a delicious mince chicken recipe by chef Shantanu.
Keema, Kheema or Qeema, whatever you wish to name it, is an extremely delicious South Asian meat dish. It basically means minced meat which you can prepare in a variety of ways using your favouite meat. Chef Shantanu Gupte is up with deeply flavorful, spicy & Mumbai’s street food style chicken keema recipe.
1 bay leaves
1 star anise
2 to 3 cloves
1 tbsp peppercorn
1 onion (finely chopped)
salt to taste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 green chillies
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp brown onion paste
400 grams chicken mince (keema)
1 tsp kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves)
3 tbsp tomato puree
water to sprinkle (adjust to consistency)
8 to 10 mint leaves (roughly torn)/ Coriander leaves roughly chopped
1 boiled egg
– Heat oil in a pan and add the khada garam masalas in it. Khada garam masalas include bay leaves, cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
– Add the coarsely grounded peppercorns to the above ingredients and saute them well.
– Add the chopped onions and salt to the oil and saute them slightly.
– Add the garlic paste and the ginger paste and saute slightly.
– Add the red chilli powder, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder and the jeera powder and let them cook for a while.
– Add the brown onion paste and mix well.
– Add the chicken mince (keema) to the above ingredients.
– Add salt to taste and the kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves) along with the tomato puree and let them cook well.
– Sprinkle just little water over the chicken keema.
– Add the mint leaves (roughly torn) to the keema and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
– Serve the chicken keema in a bowl with some onions on top and garnish it with grated boiled egg.