Watch chef Sneha Nair make Idli with a twist, learn how to make Chicken Kheema Idli – steamed idlis stuffed with chicken mince only on Get Curried.
Is your family bored of eating the regular idlis, well then you are in luck, because Chef Sneha is here to show you, how you can add twist to your regular idli’s. Experiment a little bit with the regular Idlis and learn how to make Kheema Idli in Kerala Style.
1 tbsp of oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 finely chopped onion
3 finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1 finely chopped tomatoes
200 gms minced chicken
fresh coriander leaves
For the Kheema
– Heat oil in a pan, then add cumin seeds. Once the seeds splutter, add onions and let them cook.
– Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and keep stirring the mixture.
– Add all the spices – turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and cumin powder.
– Add tomatoes and some water and mash them well and let them cook.
– Add chicken mince and combine it with the spices. Let it cook for some time.
– Add some fresh coriander leaves and allow the kheemsa to cool.
For the Idlis
– Lightly grease the idli moulds with oil.
– Add a layer of idli batter in the idli maker vessel. Over that add the layer of kheema.
– Add the second layer of batter over the kheema and cover it well.
– Add water to the steamer and let it heat.
– Steam the idlis for 8 to 10 minutes on high flame.
– Check if the idlis are cooked by piercing them with a fork.
– Chicken Kheema Idli is ready to be served.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.