Chicken Sukka – Recipe
Buy Nonstick Kitchen set: https://goo.gl/ptL2ye
Buy Mixer: https://goo.gl/P6uKeL
Coriander Seeds – 2 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper Corns – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Few Cinnamon & Cloves
Red Chillis – 7 to 8 nos.
Oil – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 no. chopped
Garlic – few cloves
Ginger – small piece
Tamarind – small piece
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Cooking the chicken:
Oil – 1-1/2 Tbsp
Few Cardamom Pods
Onions – 3 nos. chopped
Few Curry Leaves
Chicken – 1 kg
Fresh Grated Coconut (optional)
1. Dry-roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, whole peppercorns, mustard seeds, cinnamon and cloves.
2. Dry-roast the red chillies.
3. Add oil, onions, ginger, and garlic; fry a little. Add tamarind after. Fry till ingredients are golden-brown.
4. Grind the dry-roasted ingredients first. Add the fried ingredients after. Add turmeric powder, and grind all of it. You can add some water while grinding. Grind to a paste.
5. To cook the chicken – add coconut/cooking oil, cardamom pods, and onions. Once the onions are transparent, add curry leaves, and the chicken pieces. Mix them together.
6. Add the ground paste to the chicken, and mix.
7. Add water and continue to mix till the paste has coated all the pieces of chicken.
8. Season with salt, pour water, cover the sauce-pan and slow cook the chicken 30-40 minutes. Slow cook till water is completely evaporated.
9. Garnish with freshly grated coconut (optional). Gently mix.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.