CHILLI CHANA | Starter | Snack
Chilli chana fry is a very spicy and delicious starter. Chilli chana fry starter is a very simple dish which is easy and quick to prepare. Chilly Chana is a very tasty Indo Chinese snack. It is made with boiled chic pea or Kabuli chana coated with a covering of maida and seasoned with Chinese sauces which make it delicious.
Chana/Chickpeas – 125 ml (1/2 cup) [soaked overnight]
Salt to taste
Corn flour – 3 to 4 Tsp.
Oil for frying
Oil – 2 Tsp.
Finely Chopped Ginger & Garlic
Onion – 1 no.
Capsicum – 1/2 no.
Vinegar – 2 Tsp.
Soy sauce – 2 Tsp.
Chili sauce – 2 Tsp.
Tomato Ketchup – 4 Tsp.
Pepper – 1/2 Tsp.
Green chilli – 2 no.’s slit
Spring onion whites
Spring onion greens
1. Add 125 ml of soaked chana to a pressure cooker.
2. Add enough water and salt to taste.
3. Close the lid of the cooker, insert the whistle and let it pressure cook.
4. Let the cooker cool down a bit.
5. Now, open the lid and empty the cooked chana’s into a bowl.
6. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over it and mix it well by tossing the Chana’s.
7. Add 3 to 4 Tsp.’s of corn flour and toss until the chana’s are completely coated.
8. Heat some oil in a pan.
9. Fry the chana’s in the oil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Once fried, remove the chana’s from the pan and drain the excess oil.
11. Take another pan and add about 2 Tsp.’s of oil.
12. Add finely chopped garlic & ginger, onions and capsicum to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
13. Now, add 2 Tsp.’s of vinegar, 2 Tsp’s of soy sauce, 2 Tsp’s of chilli sauce and 4 Tsp.’s of tomato ketchup to the pan. Mix well.
14. Add pepper and chillies to the pan and mix.
15. Add the spring onion whites and mix.
16. Add the fried chana’s to the pan and mix well until the chana’s are properly coated.
17. Finally, add the spring onion greens and give it a quick stir.
18. Check for seasoning.
19. Transfer the contents of the pan into a bowl.
20. Voila! Your bowl of Chilli Chana is ready to be devoured!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.