Clay Pot Chicken Curry
Are you bored of eating those same vegetables and side dishes every day? Be it for lunch, brunch or dinner. Aren’t you craving for something spicy by now? For something different? Something like chicken? So, why not indulge your love for chicken? Here is a simple recipe for a special chicken dish for you to try out.
Chicken – 1 kg
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 3 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
Whole spices (Cinnamon, Cloves, cardamom)
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic – 10 cloves
Ginger – 1 no
Shallot – 15 no
Green Chili – 2 no
Chopped Onion – 2 no
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree of 4 tomato
Chopped coriander leaves
1. Cut up the chicken (except the legs) into small pieces.
2. Add the cut up chicken to a large mixing bowl.
3. Season the chicken pieces with some salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
4. Rub the spices into the chicken pieces and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
5. Add some oil in a clay pot.
6. Add the whole spices and fennel seeds. Give it a quick stir.
7. Now add the garlic cloves, ginger pieces and shallots.
8. Add the chopped green chillies and saute the ingredients until the shallots turn golden in colour.
9. Cool the ingredients and then grind it into a nice fine paste. You can add a little water if required.
10. In the same pot, add the chopped onions.
[Note: There will be some oil left in the pot. Add a little more if required before adding the chopped onions.]
11. Add some curry leaves and saute until the onions turn transparent in colour.
12. Now, add the chicken pieces (rubbed with spices) and mix well.
13. Add some water to avoid burning.
14. Now, add the masala paste and mix it in.
15. Add some coriander powder and mix.
16. Now, add the tomato puree and mix well.
17. Now, check for seasoning and add a little salt.
18. Pour some water and close the pot with a lid.
19. Cook for 25 minutes.
20. Finally, turn off the stove and add some fresh chopped coriander leaves.
21. Your Clay Pot chicken is ready to be served. Serve with some hot steamed rice!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.