Learn how to make Dal Gosht at home with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar.
Varun Inamdar brings to your kitchen the best from the whole world & this time its the famous Hyderabadi Dal Gosht, mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs. Watch and learn how to make yummy dal gosht only on Get Curried.
1 cup Toor Dal
6-8 pcs Mutton on bone
1 large sliced onions
1 inch pc Ginger
1/4 cup Mint leaves
1 tsp Haldi
2 tsp Chilli pwd
1 tbsp Dhania pwd
1 tbsp Garam masala
Salt to taste
1/4 cup choppedTomato
Juice of 1 lemon
1 lt ++ Water
Fried onions for garnish
– Wash and soak the split pigeon peas.
– In the pressure cooker add toor dal, mutton, turmeric, salt, ginger, water and cook for 4-5 whistles.
– In a pan add oil and heat it up then add sliced onion, pinch of salt and then let them turn golden brown, reserve few for garnish.
– In the pan add tomatoes and cook them until they are nice and soft then start adding the masalas – coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala.
– Check the dal and add some water to it
– Add the dal into the masala and mix it properly
– Let it cook for sometime and now the Dal Gosht is ready to be serve
– Garnish it with mint leaves and juice of half a lime
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.