Dhaba Style Chicken Curry
Chicken – 1 kg
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger garlic paste – 1 & 1/2 tsp
Juice of 1 no. Lemon
Yogurt/Curd – 1 cup
(Bay leaf, Cinnamon, Clove, Green Cardamom & Black Cardamom)
Butter – 2 Tbsp
Onion – 3 nos finely chopped
Kashmiri Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Tomato – 4 nos grated
Salt to taste
Green chili – 2 nos slit
Garam Masala powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
Besan/Gram flour – 2 tsp
Few Kasuri methi
Few chopped Coriander leaves
1. Take a bowl(Buy : https://goo.gl/c790Ou ), add chicken, turmeric , salt, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, yogurt and mix it all together. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Roast Bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and black cardamom.
3. Add butter and onion. Saute till the onion turns light brown.
4. Add kashmiri red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, grated tomatos, salt, green chillies and let it cook for few minutes.
5. Add the marinated chicken and water. Close the lid (Buy https://goo.gl/HVptwr) , let it cook for 40 minutes.
6. When the chicken is half cooked, add garam masala, gram flour and close the pot. Let it cook for 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, add kasuri methi and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve it with Naan, roti or rice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.