Learn how to make Dhabewali Dal at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
Dal is most commonly cooked everywhere in India. But the style of cooking dal is always different and varies from place to place. One such unique and delicious variety of of Dal is Dhaba Style Dal, which is basically served in Indian dhabas, believe us it is finger licking good. So watch and learn how to make Dhabewali Dal at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
1/2 cup of the following dals soaked over night:
Split urad dal
1-1/2 tbsp ghee
2 black cardamom
2 onions chopped
2tsp ginger garlic paste
1tsp whole cumin
1 tsp whole coriander seeds
Few curry leaves
3 or more green chillies
2 tomatoes chopped
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 cup of water
1 tbsp dried fenugreek
1 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
– In a pressure cooked add ghee, cloves, black cardamon, cumin, coriander seeds and curry leaves.
– Add onions and saute them.
– Pre soak – red kidney beans, gram dal and split urad dal.
– Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and stir well.
– Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and salt and give it a quick stir.
– Add chopped tomatoes and stir it and let the tomatoes cook well.
– Add the soaked dals, water and let it simmer.
– Put on the lid and let it cook for 6-7 whistles.
– Turn of the flame and check if the dals are cooked well.
– Stir it continuously and turn off the flame.
– Add kasoori meethi and sprinkle garam masala.
– Dhabewali Dal is ready to be served.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.