Watch this video to find out how to make this receipe. Click to subscribe for more receipe.
3 boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon oil + for deep-frying
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1½ teaspoonsgarammasala powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon refined flour
Chicken stock as required
½ medium yellow bell pepper
½ medium red bell pepper
2 medium tomatoes
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1-2 green chillies, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
½ cup chopped spring onion bulbs
¼ cup tomato ketchup
½ cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
½ cup fried cashewnuts
½ cup chopped spring onion greens
1. Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
2. Thinly slice chicken breasts and transfer in a bowl. Add salt, ½ teaspoon chilli powder, 1 teaspoon garammasala powder, crushed peppercorns and ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Add cornstarch and refined flour alongwith some chicken stock and mix well.
4. Deep-fry chicken in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Cut bell peppers into triangles. Deseed and cut tomatoes into triangles.
6. To prepare sauce, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add ginger and sauté for 30 seconds. Add green chillies, mix and sauté for 10-15 seconds. Add garlic, mix and sauté till golden.
7. Add spring onion bulbs, toss and sauté till golden. Add tomato bell peppers trianglesand toss to mix.
8. Add remaining chilli powder, crushed peppercorns and remaining garammasala powder and toss to mix.
9. Add tomato ketchup, chicken stock, salt and soy sauce and mix well. Add fried chicken, vinegar and toss to mix.
10. Add ¾ of the fried cashewnuts and spring onion greens and mix well.
11. Serve hot garnished with remaining fried cashewnuts and sprig of spring onion greens.
Preparation Time: 10-12 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.