Craving for a butter masala, but don’t have paneer or chicken in hand? I have got you covered with a lip-smacking egg butter masala. I am sure that you are going to be making this every day from now.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4-5 persons
Butter – 2 Tbsp
Boiled Egg – 5 nos
Whole Spices (Cinnamon, Cardamom & Clove)
Onion – 2 nos chopped
Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
Cashew nut – 8 nos
Tomato – 3 nos chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tsp
Kashmiri Chili powder – 2 Tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 Tsp
Salt to taste
1. Heat a pan and add butter and roast the whole spices in the butter to release their aroma.
2. Add the chopped onions and cumin seeds and saute them
3. After the onions have become transparent, add the cashew nuts and tomatoes and cook them till the tomatoes are cooked and soft.
4. Add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and cook them for about 5 minutes
5. Let the cooked mixture cool down and grind them into a fine paste.
6. Heat the same pan again and add butter, and add the ground masala
7. Add some water and let it boil
8. Make slits in the boiled eggs and add it to the masala
9. Close and cook the Egg Butter Masala for about 10 minutes
10. Turn off the stove and add crushed Kasuri Methi.
11. Egg Butter Masala is ready to be served now.
12. Serve it hot with any roti of your choice or pulao or with steamed rice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.