Learn how to make Egg In The Hole, an easy to make quick breakfast recipe by Tarika Singh.
Everybody craves for a list of quick breakfast recipes to avoid the early morning rush. Food blogger Tarika Singh brings to your table a quick, healthy and tasty breakfast recipe called, ‘Egg In The Hole’. It’s the usual bread and egg served in an unusual way.
2 slices of bread
2-3 tbsp oil
salt and pepper to taste
– Take 2 slices of bread. Grate the Mozzarella cheese over 1 slice. Once the bread slice is covered with cheese, place the other slice over it.
– Using a cookie cutter / glass, cut a hole in the bread slices of about 2 – 2.5 inches in diameter.
– In a pan, heat a generous amount of oil and spread it around in the pan.
– Once the pan is slightly heated up, place the bread slices in the pan and let it rest for a few seconds.
– Crack an egg into the hole made in the bread and then let the bread toast with the egg.
– Add the leftover round bread slices to the hot oil.
– Keep moving the bread slices in the pan as it soaks up the oil and becomes crispy.
– Season the fried egg with salt and pepper. Plate it with some roasted tomatoes.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.