Download the new Tasty app: http://tstyapp.com/m/mFqUXJtD3E
Reserve the One Top: http://bit.ly/2v0iast
GALAXY CAKE POP
Makes 20 pops
1 box cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
⅓ cup vanilla frosting
¼ cup white chocolate, melted
½ cup water, divided
1 7 grams packet of gelatin
½ cup sugar
2 ounces condensed milk
¾ cup white chocolate
Blue food coloring
Purple food coloring
Green food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Prepare the yellow cake batter according to package instructions and pour into greased pan.
3. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
4. In a medium bowl, crumble the cake. Add vanilla frosting to give some moisture to the cake. If it is too dry add more frosting.
5. Using a small ice cream scoop, portion the cake and shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining cake.
6. Dip a popsicle stick tip into the melted white chocolate and insert into the cake balls. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, add the ¼ cup water and gelatin and let bloom for 5 minutes.
8. In a medium saucepan, combine ¼ cup water, sugar, and condensed milk, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the pan from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin. Whisk until well combined.
9. Add the white chocolate to a bowl. Pour the condensed milk mixture through a sieve into the bowl of chocolate and let it sit for 2 minutes to soften the chocolate.
10. Using a emersion blender, blend the chocolate until smooth. 11.Transfer the mixture into a deep container such as a mug.
12. Squeeze dark blue, purple and green food coloring into the mug or bowl without stirring.
13. Dip the frozen cake pop into the chocolate and twist as you pull up creating a marbled pattern.
14. Stick in a piece of styrofoam and dry the pop completely. Repeat with remaining cake pops.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.