Andhra Style Garelu (Vada)
Urad Dal – 200 gms
Raw Rice – 1 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
Salt to taste
Onion – 1 chopped
Chopped Ginger – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 1 chopped
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
A few chopped Coriander leaves
A few Curry leaves
Oil for Frying
1. Take 200gms of Urad Dal with 1tbsp Raw Rice.
2. Soak it for about 90 minutes in water.
3. Once it soaked, grind it in a mixer with out adding water, while grinding add salt. The Batter should be thick almost like dropping consistency.
4. Add Onions, Ginger, Green chilli, Cumin seeds, Coriander leaves, curry leaves to the batter & mix well.
5. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying.
6. Dab a little water in your palm, take some batter & pat it flat. Make a hole in the center & gently drop in to the hot oil.
7. Take out when it turns to golden brown in colour.
8. Your Andhra Style Garelu (Vada) is ready.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.