Learn how to make Garlic Prawn On Toast at home with chef Shantanu.
Tempt your family to the table tonight with this recipe of toast topped up with mouth-watering creamy prawns. Check out Chef Shantanu Gupte’s take on this delectable prawns & toast combination recipe.
For garlic butter
2 dollops of butter
2 tbsp of garlic
1 tsp oregano
pinch of kajun spice
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 dollop of butter
1 tbsp garlic
two dried red chillies – thinly chopped
250 gms prawns
a pinch of salt
4 tbsp white sauce ( one cup)
2 cubes of cheese
four slices of bread for toast
olives, cherry tomatoes, and dried red chillies for garnish
To make garlic butter:
– In a bowl, add butter, garlic, oregano and cajun spice and mix all the ingredients well.
To make the creamy prawns:
– Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the butter and let it melt slightly.
– While the pan is slightly heating, add the chopped onion, garlic, chopped dry red chillies and thyme and saute them for a while.
– Take the pan off the flame and add the prawns. Put the pan back on flame and saute the prawns.
– Add salt to the prawns and saute.
– Once the prawns start letting out moisture, add the pre-made white sauce (made by adding butter, all purpose flour & milk) and mix well.
– Add the grated cheese to the prawns and saute slightly.
– The prawns are ready. Add little lemon juice to the prawns.
To make toast:
– Apply generous amount of garlic butter on both sides of the bread.
– Pan cook the toast.
– The toasts are ready.
– Place the toast on the plate and top it up with the creamy prawns.
– Garnish with cherry tomatoes, 1 red chilli and whole black olives.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.