Goan Masala Fish Fry – Recipe
Ingredients: Black Pomfret Fish
Coconut Oil for frying
For Goan Masala (Recheado masala)
Red chilli – 15 nos
A piece of Ginger
Garlic – 8 cloves
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 2 piece
Clove – 12 nos
Sugar – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coconut oil – 2 tsp
Coconut toddy Vinegar (Goan Coconut Vinegar) – 1 cup
1. Break the 15 nos of Red chillies in to half
2. Add a piece of Ginger, 8 cloves of Garlic
4. Add 1 tsp of Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp of Peppercorns, 2 piece of Cinnamon & 12 nos of Clove.
5. Then add 1 tsp of Sugar, 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder, Salt & 2 tsp of Coconut oil.
6. Now add 1 cup of Coconut toddy vinegar (Goan Coconut Vinegar) & let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Grind them into a fine paste. This is called Goan Masala (Recheado masala) paste.
8. Apply the masala over the Fish (any single bone fish of your choice, cut in to fillet). I am using Black Pomfret Fish.
9. Heat Coconut oil in a pan
10. Reduce the flame & start frying the fish
11. Cover the pan for few minutes & gently turn over. Cover again till its cooked.
12. Goan Masala Fish Fry is ready.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.