Green Gram Paratha
For Green Gram Filling
Green Gram – 1/2 Cup
Green Chili – 2 Nos Chopped
Garlic – 5 Cloves
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp
Chili Powder – 2 Tsp
Salt – 1 Tsp
Atta – 2 Cups
Ajwain – 1/2 Tsp
Salt – 1/2 Tsp
1. Soak a half cup of green gram in water for about 3 hours.
2. Now take a pressure cooker, add the soaked green gram with water in which it has been soaked and add 2 chopped green chili, 5 cloves of thinly sliced garlic, a ¼ spoon of turmeric powder, 2 spoons of chili powder and finally add 1 spoon of salt.
3. Then stir & pressure cook it for about 5 to 6 whistles in medium flame.
4. To make the dough – add 2 cups of Atta, half spoon of ajwain, half spoon of salt, finally add some required water to form a dough.
5. Knead the dough for 10 min and let it rest for about 30 min.
6. Take some enough dough, flatten it in such a way that the edges are thinner than the center.
7. Take 1 spoon of the green gram filling and pouch it inside the dough.
8. Now flatten the paratha gently and spread it out a bit thicker.
9. Heat the pan, once the pan is a hot place the parathas and cook it for about 30 seconds on each side. (add ghee if needed)
10. Now you can serve the super healthy green gram paratha with your choice of raita or pickle. HAPPY FOODING!!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.