Grilled Potato Volcanoes
6 large russet potatoes
3 cups cheddar cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup green onions
12 slices of bacon
1. Preheat the grill to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Thoroughly scrub the potatoes until they are clean and poke a few holes around the potato to vent.
3. Wrap in aluminium foil and place on the grill to cook for 20 minutes over direct heat.
4. In the meantime, mix half of the cheddar cheese (1 ½ cups), cream cheese, and green onions until well-combined. Set aside.
5. Remove the potatoes from the grill and let them rest until they are cool enough to handle.
6. Unwrap the potato and cut off the ends so that it will stand up.
7. Using a melon baller or a spoon, carve out the center of the potato, being careful not to make the walls too thin, and to leave a bit of thickness at the bottom as well.
8. Fill the potato with the cheese mixture and wrap 2 slices of bacon around the potato. Secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary.
9. Lower the grill temperature to about 350˚F/175˚C and place potatoes over indirect heat on the grill for 30 minutes with the lid closed.
10. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and cook for another 15 minutes.
11. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and some green onions.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.