Here is what you’ll need!
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS
1½ cups warm water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 packet dry active yeast
4½ cups flour
3 tablespoons oil, divided
⅔ cup baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until combined. Add yeast, and let rest 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
3. Add flour and 2 tablespoons of oil, and mix thoroughly until a dough forms. Remove the dough and use the remaining oil to cover the bowl.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
5. Cut dough into 8 pieces and roll them out into thin ropes, twisting the two ends to form a pretzel shape.
6. Add baking soda to a large pot of water, and bring to a rolling 7. boil. Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds per side.
8. Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.