Learn How to Make Homestyle Chicken Curry Recipe from Chef Neelam Bajwa only on Get Curried. Make this Authentic Indian Chicken Curry Recipe at your home and share your experience with us in the comments section below.
1 whole chicken chopped and skinned
1-2 tbsp. Ghee
1 tbsp. mixed whole spices (Peppercorns, coriander, cumin bay leaves green cardamom etc)
2 tsp. Ginger garlic paste
1-3 Green chillies
1½ tsp. Turmeric
1½ tsp. Chilli powder
1½ tsp. Coriander powder
1 tsp. Cumin powder
¼ cup of either tinned tomatoes mixed with purée or fresh puréed tomatoes
Handful of coriander stalks
Salt to taste
1 tsp. Crushed coriander seeds
Kasuri methi (optional)
1½ tsp. Garam masala
Water to cover
Coriander to garnish
– In a saucepan, heat ghee and add mixed whole spices, onion and cook untile the onion turns brown.
– Now add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and stir well.
– Add coriander stalk, tomato puree, chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring continuously.
– Then add coriander seeds and water enough to soak the chicken pieces completely.
– Cover with a lid and simmer until the chicken is cooked.
– Add Kasuri Methi, coriander leaves, garam masala and stir.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.