Chicken Kalmi Kebab
Chicken leg – 6 no
Lemon – 1 no
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chili powder – 2 tsp
Peppercorns – 1/4 tsp
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 10 no
Roasted Chana Dal – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Curd – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
1. Take 6 legs of chicken in a glass bowl, prick the chicken pieces from all the sides with a fork.
2. For the first marinade. Add salt, juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of chili powder into the chicken pieces. Rub it well with the chicken pieces and let this sit for 15 minutes.
3. For the second marinade. Take a wide saucepan, dry roast cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, 1/4 tsp of whole peppercorns, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, 1 tbsp of cumin seeds, 10 cashew nuts, 1 tbsp of roasted chana dal.
4. Dry roast on a medium flame for 5 minutes to golden colour. Cool the mixture and grind to the powder. Now, add 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste and 1 cup of curd and grind it all together to paste.
5. Pour the paste to marinated chicken pieces and rub it well.
6. Close the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight (8 to 12 hours).
7. Now, take a wide saucepan, add 1 tsp of ghee and 1 tsp of oil.
8. Gently place the marinated chicken pieces into the pan. Keep the flame on low. Cook for 5 minutes and flip the legs to another side. Now, pour the marinade on chicken pieces. Close and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. While it is cooking, after 7 minutes, flip it to other side and close it and cook again.
10. Slow cook the chicken for 30 minutes till it becomes dry.
Chicken Kalmi Kebab is ready to be served
Murgh Malai kebab
Chicken – 250 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 Tsp
White pepper – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Green Chili – 2 nos
Hung/Thick Curd – 1/2 cup
Fresh Cream – 1/4 cup
lemon – 1 no
Salt – 1 Tsp
Marinating the chicken
1. In a mixing bowl add chicken, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, white pepper powder, salt, garam masala powder, green chili, coriander leaves, hung curd and fresh cream.
2. Mix well and marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
Cooking the Kebab on stove top
3. Skewer the marinated chicken pieces.
4. Heat butter in a pan.
5. Gently place the chicken skewers and cook for 10 mins.
6. Turn the chicken pieces and cook for another 7 to 8 mins.
7. To get a smokey flavour to the kebab, take a piece of charcoal burn it and place it in a small cup.
8. Turn off the stove, place the charcoal on the chicken kebab and drop the little oil to the charcoal.
9. Close it and let it sit for 2 minutes.
10. Murgh Malai kebab is ready to serve it with mint chutney.
Garlic – 7 no
Ginger – 1 no
Chopped Green Chili – 2 no
Minced meat – 300 gms
Chopped Onion – 1 no
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 2 tsp
Cayenne powder – 1 tsp
Paprika powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Chopped mint leaves
Chopped coriander leaves
1.For Garlic paste, take 7 cloves of Garlic, 1 pc of Ginger, 2 chopped Green Chili in a Mortar and pestle and crush and grind to a coarse paste.
2. For marination, take a glass jar, add 300 gms of minced meat, 1 chopped onion, coarse paste, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 2 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of paprika powder, 1 tsp of salt, chopped mint & coriander leaves and mix it well together.
3. Cling wrap and let it sit for 2 hours in room temperature.
4. Transfer the minced meat mixture to a blender and pulse it a few times to right consistency. (not too coarse or too fine mixture)
5. Stick the mixture to the skewer stick.
6. Preheat the oven and grill the kebab for 10 minutes on each side.
Seekh Kebab is ready to serve.
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.