Keerai vadai is a tea time snack popular in South India. Made with Dal and greens, this is a healthy and tasty item that can be prepared easily. Hema Subramanian shows us how to make delicious keerai vadai in the simplest way.
• ¾ cup Chana Dal
• ¼ cup Toor Dal
• 1 small bunch Spinach (sliced)
• 1 Ginger (chopped)
• 1 medium size Onion (chopped)
• 1 Green chili (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• ½ tsp Asafoetida powder
• ½ tsp Fennel seeds
TOTAL TIME: 3 hours
• PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
1. Soak Chana Dal & Toor Dal for about 2 hours.
2. Grind the lentils with Salt & Asafetida powder, while grinding add a little water (if needed).
3. Finally add some fennel seeds & grind again. (Do not grind finely, let the batter be a little coarse).
4. To the batter, add Green chilli, Ginger, Onion, Spinach & mix it well.
5. Take a little batter. Tap it flat & deep fry it.
6. Serve the Keerai vadai with Coconut chutney.
The snack is great to have with tea or coffee in the evenings.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.