AskMe presents a video by Vicky Ratnani in which he talks about KR Market in Bangalore. KR Market, also known as City Market, was established in 1928 adjacent to Tipa Sultan’s Palace. This local market is a great place to bargain. Chef Vicky Ratnani also gives us the recipe of ‘Cucumber Fritters with Peanut Chutney’.
This market is heaven for fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and seasonal produce. Chef Vicky Ratnani suggests making crispy potato chips. The wholesale market offers a variety of kitchen equipment.
KR Market is Asia’s largest flower market. Flowers are exported to various countries from here. Local folks also buy flowers for offerings in prayers.
Chef Vicky Ratnani discloses the recipe of ‘Cucumber Fritters with Peanut Chutney’. In South India, Peanut Chutney is served with many Fritters like Vada.
Recipe for Peanut Chutney:
Dried Red Chillies
1. In a wok, dry roast peanuts, channa dal, sesame seeds and dried grated coconut. Pour them into another bowl.
2. Add oil, dried red chillies and curry leaves into a wok and mix well. Then add salt, tamarind and jaggery.
3. Now transfer the ingredients into the other bowl and blend them.
4. Pour the blended chutney into a serving dish.
Recipe for Cucumber Fritters:
Red Chilly Powder
1. Grate a cucumber, sprinkle salt and leave it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, squeeze out the water from the mixture.
2. Add chopped onion, ginger and coriander and curry leaves to it. Mix the ingredients well.
3. Now add roasted rawa, rice flour, salt, turmeric and red chilly powder, water and oil. Mix them well and make small doughs to fry.
4. Now fry the fritters into a wok with hot oil.
5. Put the cucumber fritters into a serving dish with peanut chutney.
Cucumber Fritters with Peanut Chutney is ready to eat.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.