Watch & learn how to make this easy Vegetarian dish of Kurkure Achari Aloo
KURKURE ACHARI ALOO
2 medium potatoes, cubed and boiled
¼ cup pickle masala
2 tablespoons rice flour
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil + for deep-frying
¼ teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon onion seeds (kalonji)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 inch ginger, chopped
1 medium onion, cut into cubes and layers separated
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Put potatoes, rice flour and salt in a bowl, sprinkle some water and mix well.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the potatoes till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
3. Heat one tablespoon oil in non-stick wok; add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and onion seeds and sauté for thirty seconds.
4. Add garlic, ginger and sauté for a minute. Add onion and sauté for a minute.
5. Add pickle masala, fried potatoes, garam masala powder and salt, toss well and cook for thirty seconds.
6. Transfer into a serving dish and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.