Join us for a low carb recipe remake! Today, we tackle a favorite recipe for Enchiladas Suizas, also called Enchiladas Suisse. This delicious, creamy, casserole-style dish easily lends itself to a low carb version with a few alterations from the original recipe.
The original recipe comes from the popular cookbook “Some Like It South!” by the Junior League of Pensacola. You can find out more about the Junior League and the cookbook at https://www.juniorleagueofpensacola.org/
For this low carb version, we needed to replace the tortillas with a low carb alternatives. You can use a commercial low carb tortilla if that fits in your diet plan and goals. Otherwise, we recommend using the popular Low Carb Tortilla recipe from Keto Connect. It can be found at https://www.ketoconnect.net/low-carb-tortillas/
LOW CARB ENCHILADAS SUIZAS / SUISSE
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 T. bacon fat or oil
8-ounce can tomato sauce + 1 can water
4-ounce can chopped green chiles (do not drain)
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup water
4 chicken bouillon cubes (or equivalent)
1/2 pound grated Swiss cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
10 low carb tortillas from Keto Connect
Recipe can be found at: www.ketoconnect.net/low-carb-tortillas/
1. Over medium heat, saute the onion in the oil util soft and translucent.
2. Add garlic, tomato puree, chilis and chicken.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper
4. Gently heat the 2 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of water over low heat and dissolve bouillon in cream.
5. Fill each with 1/4c. chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in a 9×13 casserole dish.
6. Pour the cream mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Makes 10 Enchiladas
Total Carbs: 8.5g
NET CARBS: 6.7g
*per enchilada (with sauce)
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.