Learn how to make authentic Chicken Cafreal a popular Goan cuisine with Chef Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried.
Cafreal is a spicy chicken preparation consumed widely in the Indian state of Goa. The preparation originated from the Portuguese colonies in the African continent. Watch and learn this simple and easy Chicken Cafreal recipe and do post your comments below.
2 cups coriander leaves with its stalk
12 green chillies, destalked
1 inch stick cinnamon
1 tbsp black peppercorns
1/2 tsp cloves
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin seeds
Juice of 2 lemons
2 inch ginger root
8-10 cloves of garlic
1 kg Chicken
1 tbsp turmeric powder
Salt as required
4 tbsp oil
2 large potatoes
2 tbsp oil
Slit red chillies
– Grind coriander leaves, ginger, garlic cumin seeds, black pepper, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, green chillies and lemon juice in a mixer. Grind it in to a fine paste.
– Add salt and turmeric powder to the chicken along with the green spice mix.
– Mix it well and make sure you coat the chicken well with the spice mix.
– Marinate the chicken for minimum 20 minutes.
– Heat oil in a pan and place the chicken pieces.
– Fry the chicken in batches.
– Use the spice mix water and add it to the chicken. Cover the pan and cook it for 15 minutes.
– In another pan, heat oil so as to cook the slice potatoes.
– Add salt to the potatoes and cook them well. Also keep turning the chicken pieces so as to cook it from all sides.
– Let potatoes get the golden brown color on both sides.
– Serve this authentic Chicken Cafreal hot! Enjoy 🙂
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/VMJV9l
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/c85HOu
Host : Varun Inamdar
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Pratik Gamre
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurrie…