Milagu Pongal is a famous South Indian recipe. For many South Indians, it is a comfort food as it is quick to prepare and is light on the stomach. It can be prepared quickly for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 30 minutes
Number of servings – 4 persons
Raw Rice (Ponni Variety) – 1 Cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup
Peppercorn – 2 Tbsp
Water – 5 Cups
Salt – 2 Tsp
Ghee – 2 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 Tsp
Masala Sambar recipe – https://goo.gl/3B8FgP
Andhra Style Garelu (Vada) recipe – https://goo.gl/Z287UP
#milagupongal #pepperpongal #breakfastrecipe
1. Rinse and soak the rice and moong dal for about 30 mins
2. Add water in a pressure cooker and add the rice and moong dal. Pressure cook it for 5 to 6 whistles.
3. Make a coarse powder from pepper
4. Take a frying pan and add ghee. After the ghee is heated add jeera, coarsely ground pepper powder, cashews, ginger, and curry leaves.
5. After 5-6 whistles open the cooker and add the frying pan content into the cooker. Stir well and add ghee if necessary. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.