#Mintricerecipe #pulaorecipe #pudinaricerecipe
We are always looking for easy and simple lunchbox recipes, Mint Pulao is one such recipe. It is a one pot recipe and it is so simple to make but it has amazing flavors to it. Do try this different pulao recipe. You can also add vegetables to this pulao if you prefer. I have made South-Indian Styled Pudina Rice before, the link to the recipe is given in the description, do check out that recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Number of Servings: 4-5 persons
Ghee – 3 Tbsp
(Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom, Star Anise, Cumin Seeds & Peppercorns)
Onion – 2 Nos Thinly Sliced
Tomato – 1 No. Thinly Sliced
Salt – 2 Tsp
Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
Basmati Rice – 300 Ml
Water – 600 Ml
To Make Masala Paste
Ginger – 1 Inch Piece
Garlic – 3 Clove
Green Chili – 5 Nos
Mint Leaves – A Handful
Coriander Leaves – A Handful
Coconut – 1/4 Cup Grated
Mint Masala Paste
1. In a small blender add mint and coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, green chili, onions, coconut, and add water and blend to smooth paste.
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add the whole spices
2. Saute them on medium flame till they turn aromatic
3. Add cashews and saute till they turn golden brown
4. Add sliced onions and saute
5. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy
6. Add prepared masala paste and saute.
7. Add whole mint and coriander leaves and saute
8. Add garam masala and salt and stir well
9. Then add basmati rice.
10. Saute them gently without breaking the grains.
11. Then add 600 ml of water.
12. Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame and rest the pulao for 15 mins
13. Finally, serve hot pudina pulao with a raita
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.