Murg Musallam Recipe – How To Make Murg Musallam – Whole Chicken Cooked – Chicken Recipes
Learn How To Make Murg Musallam Recipe, a unique Whole Chicken Recipe from Chef Smita Deo only on Get Curried. Make this delicious, ChickenRecipe at your home and share your experience with us in the comments section below.
1 whole chicken
1 tbsp oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste each
2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
1 tbsp mint leaves finely chopped
1 cup chicken mince
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
3 boiled eggs
10 cashew nuts
1 tsp black cumin seeds
1 tbsp poppy seeds
7 tbsp oil
3 onions finely chopped
1 ½ tsp ginger and garlic paste each
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander seed powder
1 tsp cumin seed powder
1 tsp garam masala
3 tomatoes finely chopped
2 tsp chilli powder
1 cup yoghurt
2 cups basmati or long grain rice
1 cup fresh peas
4 cups water
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp black cumin seeds
1. Heat oil and add 1 chopped onion and sauté it.
2. Add 1½ tsp ginger and garlic paste each.
3. Add the coriander and mint leaves and the mince and sauté.
4. Add 1 tsp. chilli powder, garam masala powder and cook till the mince is done. Add the boiled eggs to it.
5. In a pan roast the almonds, cashew-nuts, 1 tsp black cumin seeds, salt and poppy seeds and then cool and blend into a smooth paste.
6. Take the chicken and give gashes to it.
7. Stuff the mince and the egg inside the cavity of the chicken and then tie the chicken.
8. Sprinkle some salt and chilli powder on the chicken.
9. Heat the rest of the oil and sauté the onions, add the ginger and garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavour is gone.
10. Add the turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, cumin seed powder, garam masala, tomatoes, chilli powder and sauté till the tomatoes turn mushy.
11. Add the almond and the poppy seed paste and cook it.
12. Then add the yoghurt and mix well and then place the chicken with the breast part down and place the lid and cook for 30 minutes.
13. Stir the chicken every 3-4 minutes.
14. Soak the rice for 30 minutes and the drain.
15. Heat ghee and add the cinnamon, black cumin seeds and the peas and rice and sauté for a minute.
16. Add the salt, water and cover and cook till the rice is done.
17. In a serving plate place the rice on the edges of the plate and then place the chicken in the middle.
18. Now pour the remaining gravy over the chicken and serve it hot.
Murg Musallam is ready to eat!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.