Mushroom Biryani in Pressure cooker Recipe
Ingredients: Ghee – 2 Tbsp
Bay leaf – 2 to 3 nos
Star Anise – 1 no
Cardamom pods – 3 nos
Clove – 4 to 5 nos
Onions – 3 nos (Chopped)
A piece of Ginger (chopped)
Few cloves of Garlic (chopped)
Green chilies – 2 nos
Red Chili paste – 3 tsp
Grated Coconut – 5 tsp
Few Coriander leaves
Few Mint leaves
Grind to paste
Add little Water
Tomatoes – 2 nos (chopped)
Mushrooms – 500 gms
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Coriander & Mint leaves – 1/2 bunch
Basmati Rice – 300 ml – (soaked 30 mins in water)
Water – 450 ml
1. Soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes
2. Heat ghee in the pressure cooker (Buy https://goo.gl/kBzYCF )
3. Add bay Leaves, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves & onions. Saute till brown
4. Meanwhile, grind ginger, garlic, green chilis, chili paste, grated coconut, coriander & mint leaves with little water to a paste
5. Add the ground masala to the browned onions. Cook till the smell disappears and the oil separates.
6. Now add tomatoes, mushrooms, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, coriander & mint leaves. Mix well
7. Add soaked basmati rice and mix gently. Reduce flame to low-medium
8. Add water and mix. check for seasoning.
9. Close the lid and put flame to medium- high. Wait for steam, then put on the weight
10. Cook for 1 whistle. Turn off.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.