• ½ kg Mutton
• 2 Tomatoes ( chopped)
• 2 Onions (chopped)
• 1/2 cup Coconut (grated)
• 1 tsp Fennel seeds
• 1 tsp Poppy seeds
• 1 tsp Chili powder
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 Green chilli (cut up)
• 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
• A few curry leaves
• A few coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• 3 to 4 tsp Oil
• 1 tsp Coriander powder
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
• PREPARATION TIME: 50 minutes
1. To the grated coconut, add the poppy seeds and fennel seeds and grind them into a fine paste.
2. To the meat add all the spice powders: chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt. Gently rub them, and let it aside for a few minutes.
3. In a pressure cooker, take about 3 to 4 tsp of oil, add the cloves, cinnamons, onions, green chilli, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, mix them well, add a few curry leaves,.
4. Once the tomatoes are mashed nicely, add the coconut and poppy paste. Mix them well and add the mutton pieces, mix it gently, add some salt.
Add more chilli powder if you like your dish extra spicy.
5. Add enough water for the meat to cook, and pressure cook it. (3 to 4 whistles)
6. Add a tsp of coriander powder, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix it well.
Absolutely delicious mutton korma is ready to serve.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.