Learn how to make Mutton Stew, a very famous dish from Kerala only on Get Curried.
Kerala cuisine offers many delicious dishes that are popular among foodies all over the country. One such dish is yummy Mutton Stew. Pair the mouth watering Mutton Stew with Idlis or Appam or Dosa.
So watch and learn how to make mutton stew with Sneha Nair on Masala Trails.
1/2 cup each of sliced carrots, potatoes, beans
2 – 3 tbsp coconut oil
2 pieces of cinnamon
1 inch chopped ginger
3 green chillies
8-10 curry leaves
2 chopped onions
300 gms of mutton meat
8- 10 peppercorns
300 ml of coconut milk
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
– In a thick bottomed pan boil some water.
– Add vegetables in the boiling water. Keep it on a high flame.
– In another pot heat some oil and add, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
– Once the spices are semi cooked add, garlic, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves.
– Add 2 chopped onions and salt, let the onions cook till they become translucent.
– Add 300 gms of mutton meat in the same vessel and cook till the color of the meat changes.
– Roughly grind peppercorns and add it into the mutton. Add half the coconut milk and mix well. Cover with a lid and leave it on low flame for 10 – 15 mins.
– Drain out the water from the boiled vegetables. Add the vegetables into the mutton mixture and add the remaining coconut milk and mix well.
– Let the mutton and vegetables cook in the coconut milk on a low flame for another 5 to 10 minutes.
– Add some coconut oil and some curry leaves
Mutton Stew is ready to be served!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.