AskMe presents a video by the famous Chef Vicky Ratnani in which he talks about a famous wholesale market in Bangalore, the Old Market . He also shares delightful recipes of Lime Rice and Pepper Chicken Chilly Fry.
Old Market brings out Bangalore’s history. One can find every key ingredient for their kitchen. Turmeric root, licorice root and soap nut are available. Soap nut is a natural shampoo. The market also offers Puja items and imported dry fruits.
This is a great local market for spices. A variety of premix spices are available here, for recipes like Hariyali Chicken, Chicken Kebabs, Pepper Chicken and Tamarind Rice . Red chillies like Guntur Chilly from Andhra Pradesh, Salem Chilly for pickles, Chikballpur Chilly and Bagde Chilly can be obtained.
Chef Vicky Ratnani tells the recipe of Lime Rice with Broccoli and Green Peas cooked in an incredible mix of spices. The ingredients are:
1. Put some oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin, chopped green chillies, curry leaves and dal.
2. Then add cooked rice, asafoetida, turmeric powder, blanched broccoli and peas.
3. Let the ingredients cook for some time.
4. Now add lemon juice, salt and cracked black pepper.
5. Transfer the ingredients into a serving bowl.
6. ‘Lime Rice with Broccoli and Green Peas’ is ready to serve.
COOKING TIME: 20-25 Minutes
Another appetizing recipe by Chef Vicky Ratnani is Pepper Chicken Chilly Fry which is popular in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
The ingredients used are:
1. To marinate chicken, sprinkle black pepper, salt, ginger, garlic and lemon juice. Mix well.
2. In a pan add oil and sliced onion. Cook it until onion becomes lightly translucent.
3. Now add marinated chicken, chopped green chillies, turmeric, fennel and cumin powder. Mix them properly.
4. Add curry leaves, chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, soy sauce, ketchup and stock.
5. After cooking the ingredients well, garnish with coriander and black pepper.
6. Pepper Chicken Chilly Fry is ready to serve.
COOKING TIME: 25-30 Minutes
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.